Box Office Contacts, Opening & Information
The Box Office
St Martin's Square
01268 465 465
Normal box office opening times
- Monday to Friday - 9.00am till 6.00pm
- Saturday - 10.00am till 4.00pm
- For Sunday and evening performances - the box office will open one hour before the performance start time.
How to buy tickets
- Online - Now available for all shows, see online booking links in What's On pages
- By telephone - Buy tickets by phone on 01268 465 465. We accept telephone bookings and payments using Credit and Debit cards, (sorry, AMEX and ELECTRON cards not accepted.).
- At the box office - Buy tickets at the box office. We accept payment in cash and by Credit or Debit Card using a secure "chip and pin" system.
Tickets by post delivery times
- If you have opted to have your tickets posted to your address, please allow 7-10 working days for them to arrive.
Additional £1 per ticket booking fee
- When buying tickets all purchases including online purchases, phone bookings and box office counter sales will incur a £1 per ticket booking fee which is capped at a maximum charge of £10.
- Concession rates are applicable for Children up to the age of 16, and Adults aged 60 and over (unless stated otherwise).
Children and Infants
- Please note that all babies, toddlers and children must have a ticket purchased on their behalf if they are attending any performance at Towngate Theatre. This is essential in order that we have an accurate record of the number of people in the auditorium in case of emergency and for Health and Safety requirements.
Payments greater than £1,000
- No cash payments greater than £1,000 per person can be accepted in any one working day. This applies at all point of sale locations including Box Office, Towngate Café Bar, Gielgud Bar and any merchandise stalls.
- This applies to ticket transactions, food and drink purchases, and merchandise.
- If paying by cheque, any transactions above £1,000 must be from a business account.
Bookings for customers requiring wheelchair access